Fall is officially here and I AM excited. Autumn is my favorite season of the year. Starting September 1st, I can feel the change in the air. Most people are hype for summer and are sad when summer is over, but Fall can be just as fun as the summer time. This new season offers opportunities for activities such as long walks and bike rides, or raiding Pumpkin patches and hunted houses.
Inspired by the change in season, I’ve compiled five absolutely fun things you must do in during the fall season.
- Take a friend/pet/significant other with you for a walk: Living in Kalamazoo, we have access to several state trails. During the fall, these can be the prettiest places to be. My favorite trial in Kzoo is Kal-Haven Trail and I highly recommend it. Located on 10th street north of W Main. Sit or walk on what was once use as a transportation route between Kalamazoo and South Haven.
- Visit an Apple Orchard or Pumpkin Patch: These were the best field trips for us as children, assuming that you’re old like me. There is no reason we should be depriving ourselves from this childhood gem–just because we’re adults. Apple Orchards and Pumpkin patches are perfect on those cloudy windy fall days—perfect for warm apple cider.
- Camping: There is nothing like getting a group of friends together and going on a camping trip. Michigan has various camping ground locations. If you want to get fancy, plan the ultimate cabin trip.
- Fall Fairs/Festivals: Small towns may host annual fairs during the fall, for example if you live in the west Michigan area, visiting the ArtPrize Art Festival and Competition in Grand Rapids, MI, would be a great idea. Jf you aren’t anywhere near Michigan check your local listing for what festivals will be in your town for the fall.
- Stay in and Cuddle: This time of year is the best time for sharing body heat. There is nothing wrong with staying in. If you have a person to spend some quality time with, like watching movies under a warm blanket with food, drinks etc., do it! Make that date, you’ll thank yourself for it….Fellas that goes for you too!
The autumn season is so beautiful. I challenge you to take a moment and recognize the constant magic our surroundings perform. Use each of these activities to appreciate the constant evolution that happens arounds you.
If you aren’t from Michigan, comment below what activities are popular during the fall in your town/city?